citytoolbox.net is an online-learning platform that encourages citizen-driven actions in the urban landscape, following the “CIY-idea” – Change It Yourself!
CTB allows future professionals and dedicated citizens to gather practical knowledge for bottom-up activities in the urban field and creates awareness of the communal effort. CTB gives local agents the opportunity to share their own community projects, such as youth festivals, urban walks or community-run markets, offering the chance to exchange tools and guidelines they need to create one themselves.
17:30 Ceremonial presentation of the CityToolBox platform
18:00 Pecha Kucha Presentations of Berlin initiatives presenting different CTB formats:
- Elisa Dierson and Katja Voigt (Penthaus für schöne Formate) present the concept and experiences from their (semi-open) Risograph workshop in the context of their project 'Penthaus für schöne Formate'
- Vanessa Brazeau from Art Spin Berlin presents how to connect a bicycle tour of more than 100 people along art in public space.
- Lars Helge Kriener (Berliner Fahrradmarkt) shows us how a second-hand bicycle market can be organized and linked with workshops for 'self-repair'.
- Marco Clausen, co-founder of the Prinzessinnengarten, presents the neighborhood academy and how a gazebo can be produced as a publicly usable commonwealth.
- Gilly Karjevsky's Playful Commons project shows how the city can be critically examined and changed in a playful way.
- Julia Kloiber from Jugend hackt and the ‘Open Knowledge Foundation‘ shows how young people can change the digital levels of 'public' themselves and adapt them to their needs.
- Hajo Toppius presents how an unusual festival is organized and implemented: The SelbstgebauteMusik-Festival
- April Gertler (PICTURE BERLIN) explains an artistic 12 hour tour, ‚In Search of the Miracolous‘
Dinner with all participants and guests cooked and served by Stadtfrauenküche
Menu: Green asparagus with crispy organic potatoes and hollandaise sauce / Fresh rocket salad with Turnips and Parmesan chips / Dessert: "Eaton Mess" (strawberries, cream quark, meringue)
For a fancy dinner on the terrace, pre-book your dish for 10,- EUR instead of 12,- EUR here.
...FEVALA Bar open!
...Networking/ Get to know the participants
...Summer-drinks on ZK/U terrasse and the Moabit sunset