What I like about art in Berlin
2. Newsletters: What is even better is that I don't have to waste time searching for things to do because there are multiple groups who put all of this information into nice weekly newsletters. Of course ours is the one you should be reading, but it’s good to know one’s competition.
1. Indulging: Indulging in Berlin is different than indulging in LA or London, in that it is less expensive and therefore possible for people like me! True, it will not be as fancy or shiny, but the chocolate is good and I can go dancing whenever I want for as long as I want. And it really brings so much joy to my heart to see so many people still dancing intensely on a Sunday afternoon in Berghain. More is more!
2. Pace: People are more relaxed here, and it is healthy. It is difficult for me to relax in general, and when I am in an environment like NYC where everyone is freaking out and busy all of the time, it makes me even more stressed. In Berlin people wait patiently at crosswalks for the signal and take their time. But, it doesn't mean I am less uptight about punctuality, it's that now I schedule tardiness.
3. Space: I love having a big room with a high ceiling and a balcony. I know it is cliché and romantic, but I think it generally improves the quality of my life here. It is so great to have my possessions scattered around, forming a pleasant blanket of textiles and papers instead of drowning in my stuff. I have always fantasized about having a balcony and now I have one and it is great. I even had the best view of the swarms of police and the SWAT team dealing with the happenings in the sketchy casino across the street a few days ago. I also like how the city is spread out so it is never claustrophobic or suffocating, but everything is accessible by walking/bike/train.
4. The Summer Weather!!: Everyone is complaining about this stormy summer, but I don't know why! If we have to suffer through humid, sticky weather, why do people not appreciate the sudden, refreshing downpour and the freaky and romantic lightning storms?!